The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone I was wondring if I used the aquasoil would a ph controler on my co2 system be worthless? I ask this because the fact the the aquasoil changes the kh of your water. What would be the best way to manage your co2 levels? Drop checker?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Yes...it wouldn't be very accurate with ADA AS. There's been a few discussions about it somewhere here on the forums...

The best way, I find, is to use a drop checker and have the solenoid on a timer at night.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Take a sample of your water and let it sit out overnight to completely outgas. Test the sample and see what your pH is.
Drop your pH by 1 using the ph monitor.
This should get your pH level right around 30 ppm which is good for vigorous plant growth providing you are dosing fert and have enough light.

You can double check the pH monitor with the drop checker or vice versa

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Take a sample of your water and let it sit out overnight to completely outgas. Test the sample and see what your pH is.
Drop your pH by 1 using the ph monitor.
This should get your pH level right around 30 ppm which is good for vigorous plant growth providing you are dosing fert and have enough light.

You can double check the pH monitor with the drop checker or vice versa
Problem is ADA aquasoil drops the kH along with the pH of the water. Using a pH monitor is almost impossible to do. You would have to monitor your kH and adjust your monitor accordingly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Drop the pH controller and use the soil. You do not need the pH controller.
hmm thanks do i need to rinse the amazon ADA soild before putting into the tank and can i mix it with regular sand . i starting up a discus tank and an asian tank. my setup consists of UV, wet dry or sump. trying to stay away frm canisters what do u think
:icon_ques

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do not mix with sand. Why are you going to use a wet dry or sump? You will loose a lot of co2 with that setup.
so canisters should be better like ehiems?? any suggestions on also how to run co2 i appreciate it as i am learnin a lot from u thanks. the reason on wetdry is i thought it would be easier to clean and maintain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.