The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Release of "Aqua Soil Amazonia II"
Aqua Soil Amazonia has been used by many planted aquarium hobbyists around the world, as base substrate material for growing aquatic plants. Aqua Soil Amazonia is produced from black soil with rich organic substances, helping the plant growth, and most aquatic plant species can grow in healthy condition with Amazonia. But, in the alkaline base water*, there are rare case reports that organic substance such as humic acid may seep into the water, and cause water coloring or cloudiness.
So this time Aqua Design Amano introduced "Aqua Soil-Amazonia II", a new Amazonia type substrate, produced with different black soil mixture ratio, preventing water coloring or cloudiness. As the base color or plant growing pattern is different from existing lines, we continuously market Aqua Soil Amazonia. Please select according to your needs and preference. But if your base water* is alkaline, we recommend to use Amazonia II.

*Base Water refers to all types of water used for the aquarium, including tap water, groundwater, or aquarium tank water.

Distinctive FEATURE of "Aqua Soil-Amazonia II"
1. Amazonia II has less incident of water coloring or cloudiness.
2. It contains black soil, appropriate for water plants growth, and its natural color matches well with planted aquarium.
3. It lowers pH and KH, and makes ideal water condition for most plants and tropical fish.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Epic! LOL I don't see it on the American sites yet. I check both AF and ADA Texas, none yet. I wonder if it's going to sell for the same price as the regular??

·
planted tank sickness
799 Posts
I'm guessing its still to loose and light for active bottom dwellers like clown loaches though? :icon_sad: I'm still trying to figure what to fill my 240G with.
i keep loaches with aqusoil, they will occasionally uproot a newly planted plant, but rarely if ever an established one. its not a problem for me yet.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Amazonia tanked my kH and killed all my plants. They're recovering though. Not sure about pH.
Epic: What do you mean killed your plants? I am running Amazonia and pure RO without issue?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
How do you prevent pH swings with no buffering capacity? Or am I missed something? Do you inject CO2?
...inject CO2 for what plants? =P

No Co2, minimal lighting, fertilizing for the amount of light I am. Looking for some large plant packages here so I can plant the entire tank at once, crank up the lighting, and start injecting CO2 again. Hopefully I can avoid lots of algae this way.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
How do you prevent pH swings with no buffering capacity? Or am I missed something? Do you inject CO2?
The tank has CO2 but no fish. However, I have kept fish in this setup before without issue. pH swings are minimal and take awhile to occur. The key is to inject CO2 at a slow rate and only when lights are on. This prevents crashes and uncomfortable swings.

I have kept cardinals in a tank where the pH has hit 4-4.5 and they loved it. Some might say it's unnecessary, but I find they seem happiest of all the parameters I have kept them in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.