The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used this now on 3 new tanks recently. It appears to be very similar to the old type one, having a similar odor, texture, moisture content etc.

I have not done any jar test on it, but it appears to be similar to the old type I. Which is good news to me.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/2955-I-hate-ADA-aqua-soil?p=16109#post16109

A tank that is hard to clean or access (scaping, moving anything etc) is too big.

So that's about arm's length.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Do you think you can scape and rescape your tank without having to climb in?

If so, maybe you could use AS-new. If not...

My future large tank (not giant) won't be any taller or deeper than 24" so I could probably use AS-new as my arms will reach the bottom from front or back. That also means I'll need to access it from the back.

·
Registered
619 Posts
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/2955-I-hate-ADA-aqua-soil?p=16109#post16109

Do you think you can scape and rescape your tank without having to climb in?

If so, maybe you could use AS-new. If not...
I think I can rescape w/o having to climb in. My tank is 72" x 30" x 25" Height.
I guess I'm answering my own question there... :).

Saw your edit... lucky for me I do have access from the back of the tank as my tank is placed in my garage and has quite a bit distance from the wall.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I'm still ordering the Amazonia I while I can get it... it has served me well so far and I'm a little hazardous about trying new soil.

I think ADA should've made a soil with no ammonia spikes.
If they made ADA AS that did not have an ammonia spike it would be as useless as all the other "plant substrates" on the market. The ammonia spike is a necessary, but not good side effect that will be present in ANY substrate that has as much nutrients/organic material as AS does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.