The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Does ADA have an English contact? I want to ask them their opinion on this. Does anyone else have bubble in their ADA stickers on new tanks? It's kind of bugging me now. I haven't even shown you guys the silicone job on my tank, it's not what someone would call great. My Fluval has better a better silicone job than my 60-P.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
percieved quality and service really. to be honest, these large tanks are generally special order items and not something readily stocked at any retail outlet. if you had a problem or issue with these in North america, dont expect them to send a replacement tank or offer a refund. you'll likely be told that the warranty is void because its not on an ada stand... which is what happened to one of our local members.

The small ada tanks may be passable in quality but for larger tanks, i certainly would raise the bar on scrutiny since you want to know what you are getting for your near $1000 usd purchase...

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
percieved quality and service really. to be honest, these large tanks are generally special order items and not something readily stocked at any retail outlet. if you had a problem or issue with these in North america, dont expect them to send a replacement tank or offer a refund. you'll likely be told that the warranty is void because its not on an ada stand... which is what happened to one of our local members.

The small ada tanks may be passable in quality but for larger tanks, i certainly would raise the bar on scrutiny since you want to know what you are getting for your near $1000 usd purchase...
Why would poor workmanship be affected by what stand you use? If the tank cracks, yes, but it's pretty obvious the workmanship is bad. The stand didn't cause the tank to have crappy workmanship.

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
somewhatshocked if that is true it would be ridiculous and I doubt would hold up. Imagine sending pics of shoddy craftsman and the ADA (or whoever's) response is "well what kind of stand is it on" If it's a crack then I would totally understand.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
If it comes to involving ADA, maybe pictures without the non ADA stand would be a good idea, even if its not in used condition.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Matsnork, looking at that silicone job that slowly disappear down the line is an eye sore. Mine doesn't even have that, I don't think even a normal tank has that.

I sent a quick email to ADA's english department, the sticker bubble is formed by "external factor" is *according to them* completely normal. I'm thinking the worldwide shipping and storage caused this effect, we both live pretty far away from them.

Try sending them the pictures of the silicone and misshapen sides, I'm certain ADA will send someone to Mr.Amano's office right away. Like an HC Cuba uproot problem appearing in their display tank, they won't let it slide!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I hope ADA sees this thread and how badly they are starting to slack.
This. I received a 60P from ADG today. Silicone work on the corners was lazily trimmed and I need to cut a few pieces. What happened to the top-of-the-line goodness that ADA used to be known for with their tanks? I have a Mini M that's flawless and even my AquaTop cube had less crud in the corners than my 60P does. :icon_ques:thumbsdow

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Freph, sorry to hear that and this is very discouraging. Can you share any pictures?
I already trimmed it to remove the excess. Basically just slivers of silicone creeping up from the corners. Nothing that couldn't be fixed, but still...to pay for an item from a company that's supposed to be known for the quality and having nothing interfere with the aquascape, I find it a bit annoying to have to trim silicone work myself that should be nearly flawless from the factory.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I recently ordered my first ADA tank (60-p), and I too, was not as impressed as I hoped to be with the quality of work. The clarity is great and at least the corners are square (I have seen reports on issues with that too lately on ADA tanks). But the silicone work on the corners was far below the quality I expected.

The silicone work on the corners really seemed to be no better than some of the cheaper ADA knock-offs available now.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
This. I received a 60P from ADG today. Silicone work on the corners was lazily trimmed and I need to cut a few pieces. What happened to the top-of-the-line goodness that ADA used to be known for with their tanks? I have a Mini M that's flawless and even my AquaTop cube had less crud in the corners than my 60P does. :icon_ques:thumbsdow
That's not a good thing to hear. I have found more than a few people who say Aquatop is on par with ADA and have always thought it was an overstatement as I used to go to AFA on a very regular basis and my LFS carries Aquatop. I guess I may have been off base with my comments if ADA's quality control is slipping because the ADA tank I see over the years are not what some people have been describing. I would expect nothing but a flawless tank from ADA because that is all I have seen from them over the last 5 years or so of going to AFA and a few local hobbyist's homes.

41 - 60 of 131 Posts