The Planted Tank Forum banner

ADA 60P | First High Tech Attempt

1513 2
Introduction

I started my first tank, a Fluval Edge, a little over a year ago. I was never able to achieve the tank I wanted, especially due to the limitations of the lighting. Since then I've been wanting to do a much nicer tank. I chose a 60P for my next tank due to several limitations I have. I'm currently a university student renting a house and the tank will have to be relocated within about a year when I graduate. I figure this tank will be the max size I want to attempt transporting.

The Specs

Tank: ADA 60P
Substrate: ADA Power Sand Special, Amazonia, Amazonia Powder, La Plata Sand
Filtration: Eheim 2215, Do!aqua VV-1, Do!aqua VP-1
Lighting: Finnex Ray II
CO2: GLA PRO SS (Two Stage) regulator, 5 lb tank, Atomic Inline CO2 Diffuser
Heating: Hydor 200W Inline Heater, ADA NA Thermometer
Fertilization: E.I. Dosing with fertilizer from GLA

Flora

Dwarf Baby Tears - Hemianthus callitrichoides
Brazilian Micro Sword - Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Staurogyne Portion - Staurogyne repens
Mini Pellia - Riccardia chamedryfolia
Purple Cabomba - Cabomba pulcherrima
Broad Leaf Ludwigia - Ludwigia repens
Water Sprite - Ceratopteris thalictroides

Fauna

TBD

Possibility of moving Otocinclus and Boraras brigittae from current tank.

Current State

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pics or GO HOME! Lol, j/k but would be nice to see some!

I personally just got the GLA reg my self and I also bought the Atomic inline diffuser, from what Ive seen around these parts they are one of the best ways to get CO2 into your water column. I also just got the 2215 and it uses the 12/16mm one in case you wanted to know :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a while since I first started this. I actually only did most of the work on the tank within the last two weeks. Just as I was about to purchase a CO2 regulator, GLA announced their stainless steel regulators. I ended up waiting to purchase one of those. It cost more than I was planning on spending, but I liked the convenience of getting a good regulator that I knew would work. It also looks really nice. :)

I planted the tank on Sunday and flooded it that night. It was all going well until the driftwood started to float. Currently I have rocks to weight the pieces down until they become waterlogged.

I will eventually move my Otocinclus and rasboras from my old Fluval Edge and redo that tank. Here is a bad picture but it shows how messy the tank is. The 60P sure is a nice improvement over this.

I plan on making or buying a new stand for the 60P when I move next summer. Here is the current setup. I bought the stand when I lived in a dorm and it works nicely for now. I'm not sure if I like the Purple Cabomba planted in the back. I might replace that with something a little brighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.