The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an ADA 45P tank big enough for two of either German Blue Ram or Gold Ram, I read that these fish grow up to 7cms max, although the ones I seen in my LFS look very much smaller in real life, in fact I don't think I have ever seen either of these dwarf rams any bigger then maybe 4-5cm's

The tank will be heavily planted with a glosso carpet, a couple or rocks, DIY CO2 and maybe a few otto's to keep the tank clean, so 4-6 fish in total.

The tank dimentions are 45 x 27 x 30cm, WxDxH.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have seen Rams 6-7 cm, but you won't find them often because they typically don't last long enough - once they reach 4-5 cm growth can slow considerably. but assuming the tank has other plants besides carpet(?) and If the tank is kept in good condition and stable, and if those two Rams are a mated pair and not just two random fish, then you could get away with it. Rams can be pretty finicky so in a tank this size you should probably have experience good keeping an aquarium nice and stable already.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reignOfFred said:
but assuming the tank has other plants besides carpet(?)
ahh yeah, forgot to add, I will be using an Eheim 2213 for filteration and will have a few other plants in there too, some Rotala SP, Hidrocotyle Leucocephala and some Riccia too maybe.
I wanna get it nice and green and healthy ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.