The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's one of the new projects i've been working on. (also working on a mr aqua 12L)

diy shrimp rack was built with the help of my dad.
tanks: x3 ada 45-P
lighting: x3 archaea 45cm leds
filtration: x3 bubble filters
substrate: ada aquasoil amazonia/africana

i already ordered some plants and will order some more, but basically wanna keep everything simple and low maintenance. tanks will all be very low tech... i already have shrimp in my 20 gallon. they will be transferred over eventually. i'll probably be ordering more shrimp as well once cycled.

heres some pics of the rack in my room.

i will be using amazonia for my crs/cbs/goldens, but wanted to go with the africana for my tbs. Anyone here using africana and have anything to say about it?

i'll be posting updates on this thread. will be adding soil tomorrow and will start the cycling process as soon as my ro/di unit arrives. (tired of making trips to winco)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont thing the rack will move once the tanks are filled. the rack is pretty heavy and is already very stable as it is.

i also like how the lights are hidden, but they might come down and sit on top of the tanks if the lights dont end up being bright enough. i'm planning on building up the substrate a good 3"-4" so that should help.

the shelf was made by my dad and me. turned out a lot better then i thought, but looks better in the pics. it is paint not laminate.

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
i dont thing the rack will move once the tanks are filled. the rack is pretty heavy and is already very stable as it is.

i also like how the lights are hidden, but they might come down and sit on top of the tanks if the lights dont end up being bright enough. i'm planning on building up the substrate a good 3"-4" so that should help.

the shelf was made by my dad and me. turned out a lot better then i thought, but looks better in the pics. it is paint not laminate.
Such a nice father and son built rack. It looks so professional. Perhaps you should start a thread to guide others who are interested in how you got all this built together. Definitely a journal worthy experience ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! :smile: well i ordered another 9L bag of aquasoil... 1 bag was only enough to make a depth of 3" on one tank and only an 1" on the other. im really diggin the brownish/redish africana soil!

Looks clean. Great job!
your ada room/rack was my inspiration to do mine. as you can see i incorporated a lot of my design from yours so thanks!

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Very nice!!

I like the hidden lights also.
So hopefully you don't need to move them down.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
465 Posts
looks great. i could really deal with more tanks if they looked like that before i even put water in them.

you should go hard core with the scapes 3 different looks would be crazy awesome

1 - 20 of 56 Posts