The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe not ADA, but ADA inspired. These are the humble beginnings of
hat will soon be a co2 injected full sun pond (almost full sun) once the bio filter is in full effect i will introduce co2, clean out the floating plants, build some shelves for my wabi kusa, plant some hc and glosso in some submerged trays and will update you. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345924993.881412.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345925025.474545.jpg
I'll explain the filter on a later post

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looking good! Once I get a house I want to do something like this. Did you build this yourself? Planning on stocking any fish?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Awesome!

Looking good! Once I get a house I want to do something like this. Did you build this yourself? Planning on stocking any fish?
I have the same question, I think some Koy would be awesome fish for a pond like this. I can't wait to see the development of this project! I know nothing about ponds and pond maintenance, so this will be a completely new learning experience. :proud:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I did build it my self, filter and all for around $200 may be $250, I will have fish. Aquarium fish like gurinami, mollies, pencil fish, mosquito fish, and a good collection of American minoes. Some of the aquarium plants will be planted in Amazonia, caped with a little sand. It will be a learning experience for me also

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Thanks guys! I did build it my self, filter and all for around $200 may be $250, I will have fish. Aquarium fish like gurinami, mollies, pencil fish, mosquito fish, and a good collection of American minoes. Some of the aquarium plants will be planted in Amazonia, caped with a little sand. It will be a learning experience for me also
You're in Florida? Do bluefin killifish! Native species in Florida and a beautiful fish. I'm sure they'd very much enjoy some mosquito larvae too. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6790465450_5b1c441001.jpg

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Freph, absolutely man, if the storm is not too bad tomorrow, I am grabbing my net and going hunting for fish, plants and grass shrimp
So jealous. I wish I had the opportunity to do something like that near me. The best I can do is a pond in my back yard with unlimited L. repens and various hair grasses. :(

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Freph, I was able to get a hold of some Killifish, to small to tell what kind, I got about 100 grass shrimp some plants and i am sure some nasty bugs and snails, but heck its all in the pond now
Ooooh. Hopefully we can get some nice pictures when they grow up! Have enough fun out there today? :hihi:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Please tell me you meant giant gourami!

I don't know if they eat plants, but they surely would keep the killifish population in check.

I think they live like 20years, can be tamed and grow to like a yard. Way more unique than koi, and i hear it is a delicacy, incase you efer get tired of him :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts