The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody

here is my first tank which is now 6 months old ,i guess some of you already saw iy on another site but i never presented it here so here it is...it went through several evolutions ,i quite like the look it has now .a few pictures before treaming ,it's a jungle there ,i've been a bit lazy those days...:icon_lol:

its a 240 Liters ADA tank ,120*45*45 (180L of water ,lot of stones ans soil)

filtration:eheim 2028 (70%)
pump:eheim 1048 (60%) on the ground
soil:power sand (under heavilly planted parts),Aquasoil,tourmalineBC,bacter100,clear super .extra : penac A.
lights:ADA NA-lamp 8*18 (144W-12h/day)
CO2:ADA system ,pollen glass (3 drops/sec)
fertilization:Brighty-K (3ml/day)
step1 (1ml/Day)
ECA (20drops,3times/week)
water changes:bryghty-K ,ECA,phyton-git,green bacter,green gain , 60 Liters 1/week

well i hope you like it ,it is not finished yet as i have to arrange the Blyxa which is too linear and but few other things but it is quite near to the image i have in my mind...:icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm definitely a fan of the new stems on the left side-- makes the scape look much more unified and much better than it did before. Tanks is looking nice!

I'm also jealous of how red your rotala is. Urayamashiiiiii . . .

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Beautiful tank.....amazing health and growth. I think if you cut down on the number of species on the right and simplify it a tad, you would really take it to another level~

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very peaceful tank with the warm reds of the arcuata and rotalla. Was it originally Iwagumi?
Anyhow, Nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you all for your comments i am very pleased that you like it so much ,it has been quite hard as a first planted tank to do something that looks ok .

Steven ,i also think that the left side is much better that way,for the red plants i guess that the use of eca explains everything ,especially when you see that i dont have so much light on this tank ,only 144 Watts , something like 0.8W/1Liter .i get "urayamashii" when i see your tanks:)

fresh_lynny,the right part has always been a problem ,i tried many things but nothing really worked ,i am still thinking how i could make it better ,i think too that "simplifying" it is the solution ...i just didn't figure yet how...

Betowess ,i started it with a vague idea of doing a mountain ,not really an iwagumi ,the original idea started with 13 varieties of plants (for 6 varieties now), kind of dutch tank with a stone hardscape ,i guess though that i've been influenced by everything i can see here in Japan (not only tanks ,nature and gardens too), and that the hardscape turned to a "iwagumi-like" or "seki-tei-like".

SuRje1976 ,i started with penac A ,i am not sure if it is its effect but the tank had usual launch algae then not a single one since ,totally algae free for 5 months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didn't slope it so much as a beginner's mistake ,i had to correct it recently to put the main stone in a higher position ,here is what it looked like

here is what it looks like now ,i changed a bit the plantation in front of the main stone

well i hope that you like it ,the tank is 8 months old now

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think this might be one of my favorite tanks here because of how smoothly your plantings flow into one another. The different textures and colors bleed into eachother so gracefully. I can tell you really take your time with the maintenance of this tank.

Beautiful and inspiring :)

·
HC 'Cuba' Guru
1,916 Posts
any updates on this tank? It's one of my favorite!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.