The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I decided to finally redo my tank for the 3rd time since I've owned it. The plan is to keep it simple this time with basic shrub looking plants such as Downoi and a nice lush foreground full of Belem HG. Also plan to stuff some Philippine Java fern between the rocks as soon as I fill the tank.

As for fish, I'm thinking a school of 100 or so Cards. More to come as things progress.

Lighting: TEK 54Wx4 T5HO
Filtration: CFS 500

Taking my time this time and doing it emersed. Will update as I get more plants in.

This tank is scaped to be viewed from both front and back.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Wish you were closer, shrimps/cards trade!

I would suggest less cards or a better schooling fish. I went with 100+ cards in a 90g and it got a little too cramped for decent schooling to happen.

Rummies FTW!

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I would suggest less cards or a better schooling fish. I went with 100+ cards in a 90g and it got a little too cramped for decent schooling to happen.

Rummies FTW!
What's this heresy???!!! Cards FTW!!!

(Don't tell Xmas that I think he's right that a little smaller school of them would be better though... maybe around 50-60?)

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL

I've always wanted a nice school of cards though. Maybe 50 cards would be better for a tank this size lol.

I really like rummies too but they just don't have the color contrast that I want out of this setup. Def love how well the school.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Glad to see you back at it. I had 80+ rummies in my 120p and about 50 jumped out in three months. Great schooling fish, but not for an open top IMO. Cards are great choice, but 100 might be too many. Once they fatten up at least. I have about 30 ember tetra's in mine right now and they are amazing. Great color and they contrasts well with the green plants. They school really well too. My favorite thing about them is how they stay in the middle section of the tank. Not on the bottom with the plecos and RCS and no where near the top which is why I think I haven't lost one yet to jumping.

Looking forward to your updates.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.