:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Man that thing will probably cost more than my whole tank with accessories! :p

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmmm, this one has more interactive features, but are they overlooking that the Fluval FX5 also has electronically controlled features like air release and checking of flow?

Tina

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, kind of cool. I would assume the price would be high.

I wonder if they will produce the next model capable of internet connection. That way, if it would send you an email to let you know the filter needs maintance and could order the filter pads when they need replacement.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I am not sure why it took so long for the companies to introduce some basic electronic control. I mean this pro3 still has less electronic processing then a common digital watch. Actually one of my ideas for a senior project at college was a complex aquarium system with all sorts of sensors, auto-everything, controlled and monitored from the pc (even remotely via a webpage like interface) but unfortunately I more or less dropped out the trimester before senior project. :icon_frow

·
Registered
270 Posts
Man, in the future we will be spoiled. I remember my old roommate telling me about a friend that had a reef tank that was hooked up to auto top off the water and I thought even that was super cool, haha.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If only I had something other than 56K dial-up available to me, then maybe I could watch the video.

But I think I'll wait till they come out with an Eheim that automatically feeds the fish, does water changes, and prunes the plants before I lay down the big bucks.

Is that really asking too much?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The auto pruner might be a scarey sight! :eek:

I am envisioning an orange strobe light going off and a horizontal guillotine suddenly shooting across the tank.
Didn't the cartoon movie Finding Nemo have a tank that had the automatic cleaner device that used a laser or something to clean the fish tank?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah, I never new Eheim (EEEhiem) was pronounced "Ehh Hiem". All our Canadian pals will be glad to know that, eh?

I think the coolest feature is the programmed differential flow rates. Makes sense and I'm also surprised no one has come out with that yet, considering all the tech advances in the last 5-7 years. Probably was cost prohibitive until now.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think that's just it. Filters like the ProIII's and the FX5's just weren't in demand 5 years ago. The technology has been there for a while I think.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If only I had something other than 56K dial-up available to me, then maybe I could watch the video.

But I think I'll wait till they come out with an Eheim that automatically feeds the fish, does water changes, and prunes the plants before I lay down the big bucks.

Is that really asking too much?
I uploaded the video to photobucket and edited the original post with the link to it. You should be able to see it on a slower connection.

http://www.eheim.de/eheim/movies/EHEIM_prof3e_Highlights_USA.wmv

For slower connections, click here...

Looks sweet, with a built in computer to control flow (like the FX5).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts