The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a great source for acrylic equipments/parts in Toronto.
He makes all sorts of sumps ,wet/dry systems ,corner over flow,etc.

What I like the most is his bubble counters,simple ,and they work just fine ,if anybody is interested in purchasing his work I can get him to contact you.
Here are some of his work:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah, that looks exactly like the AM bubble counter, without the snap on holder with suction cups. Good price too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking DIY Co2, but this would do both functions as well right? I was just thinking since items like this are pretty cheap that I might go that route as I haven't built anything yet.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
The bubble counter? If the yeast overflows, yes, it will overflow into the bubble counter and it will separate the yeast from your tank. Problem is that the bubble counter is small, hard to clean, and not very disposable.

When I used DIY CO2, I would toss the gas separator whenever it got dirty inside since the yeast would smell pretty bad as it fermented. Once the yeast gets into the rigid tubing in either the bubble counter or the gas separator, it tends to clog it up and make a mess. Yech.

But yes, your bubble counter can also act as a small gas separator, even though the designs are a little different.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks, I just see them often referred to as being dual purpose. The gas seperators are often referred to being able to tell you your bubble count like you suggested and the made for the purpose bubble counting units have been mentioned as having the benefits of gas seperation.

I'll have to look at them more closely since I can't see much difference, is it mainly the size?

From your description it sounds better to just make a DIY seperator and toss when dirty like you said.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.