The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I suspect that population density plays a part in shrimp coloration. Perhaps a shrimp with fewer neighbors has less stress and colors up better? My main CRS tank is quite crowded now (hundreds of CRS in a 25 gal cube tank) and very few of the shrimp look as good as the shrimp in a different tank which is sparsely populated (12 shrimp in a 20 long) and consists of shrimp originally from the main tank.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To add what I had said in the first post, here is a current pic of a SSS I pulled from my main tank a few months ago. At the time his white coloration was really poor, like cull tank poor. I suspect that stress from being in a crowded tank causes poor coloration/loss of color.

Now after spending a few months relaxing in the sparsely populated CPD tank his coloration is decent. Sorry I don't have a "before" pic. There's only one shrimp + reflection in the picture.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Interesting. I may have to try this too. My CRS's white became paler over time and I couldn't figure out why. I thought it was because I moved them to a different tank but you may be onto something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.