The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm all ready, my tank has hiding spots. Ammonia and nitrites are under control. And I'm sure my tank is fully cycled, it's been up for 6 weeks now.
The seller ships on Monday, so they should come on Tuesday. He only lives 5 hours from me. DOAs won't be a problem. So now I'm done to my last 2 questions. First, will ph swings harm shrimp? I can't test my ph right now, I'm out of drops. But my DIY 2 liter co2 has been set up for a few days now. The bubbles are getting chopped up into a powerhead, so I'm pretty sure the ph will drop, and since my tap is usually at 8.2, will this harm my shrimp? And second, what is the proper way to acclimate RCS?

·
Registered
167 Posts
lol...RCS arent as sensitive ans CRS..they are very hardy....u can either leave the bag there for 2-4 hours or just dump them in

·
Registered
167 Posts
i mean leave the bag in the aquarium...lol...and btw,your pH is too high i think,if the co2 drop it down to about 7 then its ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.