The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Glofish are just zebra danios. Not goldfish.

Since they are produced in mass for the sole purpose of the aquarium hobby, standards arent really a factor for fish like these and the people breeding them probably arent really that concerned about them either. My point is they arent the hardiest of fish and its not unlikely they develope a disease or some kind of intestinal problem.

Egg scatterers like danios also can become engorged with eggs that they never dropped for what ever reason and that can also cause their eventual death. Generally I take fish that look like that out of my tank and out of their misery. Especially if they are cheap, you will spend more trying to treat something than they are worth, with little chance for success.

Whatever you decide, take it out of the main tank to avoid any other fish getting sick.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
If you cross a red glofish with a blue one, will you get a purple one?

If your yellow male fertilizes your blue female's eggs, will the resulting fry grow up green?

~B.
No. The genes don't work like that. You'll probably get one or the other.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
If you cross a red glofish with a blue one, will you get a purple one?

If your yellow male fertilizes your blue female's eggs, will the resulting fry grow up green?

~B.
all crossed juvenile are like glofish, but when they get bigger, the scale and skin is blue as normal adult.
shine the light on/through mature crossed, you can see all have glo-meat but cover by blue skin/scale to some degree, and some of them with more glo factor look the same as glofish but with blue strips, vise versa, some just like normal zebra but with pink meat(flash light test).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.