The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a 26 gallon and I really want corydoras, but I read on here eco-complete is sharp and can damage their barbels (as well as other fishs') and there's another thing.....long story short, a previous tank crashed, so my <60lbs of eco-complete has a few glass shards in it. (I carefully removed just about all of it, but there are still some tiny glass pieces in it. I'd say the shards are a couple millimeters long, some aren't really sharp, just squarish. It takes a couple hand scoops to find one.

So can I reuse this stuff? Will it he hazardous to any fish grazing the bottom?

Thanks,

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't have corys at the moment in my tank w/eco, but I have previously kept corys in other tanks with gravel of similar size and shape, and that never seemed to bother or harm them in any way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I spent hours sorting through all <50lbs, cup full at a time, with tweezers, getting every last bit. Good as new. I even took out some unwanted red and white gravel pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.