The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i recently added co2 into my tank by placing the hose right under the main pump from my sump, it sprays out really tiny bubbles, is this method ok for now until i get my reactor in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am doing this also. I have a DIY CO2 and i feel this is the best way to get the CO2 into the water. The only thing i think could be a ploblem eventually is if the CO2 damages the plastic impeller in the pump. But i have no clue i have been doing it for only about 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I use this method to disperse CO2 in my 29g. Just stuck the hose into the intake of the AC20 powerhead I have. I haven't noticed any damage to the impeller and it spits out a nice mist of CO2.

The one drawback is that if the CO2 is on when the power goes off, the powerhead can stall since the last of the bubbles fill up the impeller chamber.

It works just as well as the ceramic diffuser I have in my 20g though. The best method is still a reactor since they achieve near 100% efficiency of dissolving bubbles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help, it seems like its taking alot of co2 to get the ph down, either it could be my wet dry filter or co2 isnt difusing good enough into the water or both. I dont have a co2 test kit yet so im keeping an eye on the fish to make sure there alwright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.