The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if you have a pressurized co2 system on your tank. a co2 controller and you have a bad needle valve and it does a end of the tank dump on you. Will the controller shut the co2 tank off before you gas out your fish or will it be too late???? im about to get a azoo regulator with a clippard needle and want to replace the needle with fabco and ws wondering if its worth it to have a ph controller.I have old rainbow fish and do not want them to be gassed out.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The needle valve, however good it is, will not stop an "end of tank dump", which happens with cheap regulators that let the output pressure go up as the input pressure goes down. A pH controller should shut off the CO2 long before that end of tank dump can raise the CO2 level enough to harm the fish. You can avoid the end of tank dump by monitoring the CO2 tank pressure - the reading on the high pressure gage on the regulator. When that pressure drops to 500-600psi, refill the CO2 tank, because there is no liquid CO2 left in it. To do this you have to look at the pressure about twice a day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would be nice to have the co2 controller for vacation and if i didnt check it a day or somthing. Id really like to make sure the controller would shut off a end of the tank dump
before i bought one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.