The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So, I am getting impatient... I have my lights for my 29g (48w T5HO) all ready to go. It might be another week before I can get co2 set up. I have my tank and regulator but I'm waiting for my brass check valve in the mail from ebay. Can I set up my lights for a week without co2, just dosing Excel? Thanks :)

·
Banned
332 Posts
You could just set up the co2 up and then add the check valve when it gets there. The world wont end if you run co2 for a week without a check valve, particularly if you are running the co2 24/7.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i've been running a 'cheap' plastic check valve for over 5 years on one of my systems. i also have others that have been running for several years. i'm sure one week using an inexpensive one should be fine.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You could get cheap plastic check valves from the LFS to use until you get the brass one. They won't deteriorate that quickly, if at all.
Ditto +1

i've been running a 'cheap' plastic check valve for over 5 years on one of my systems. i also have others that have been running for several years. i'm sure one week using an inexpensive one should be fine.
Ditto +2

I have been using cheap Tetra check valves for years and have not had any problems. I would not however setup a CO2 system without a check valve even if it is running 24/7. A cheap check valve is just to easy and cheap to install to take that chance.

Good luck on your new setup! Post pics!

·
Registered
65 Posts
or if your really wanting to have co2 now and dont want to chance a cheap valve or a backsipon you could set up a DIY for the week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.