The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently had a family of three and there dog found dead on a hiking trail not to far from where I live. They still haven't determined the cause of death but they think it's from what they're calling a toxic algae bloom in the Merced River where they were hiking. They've identified it as BGA or Cyanobacteria. I never realized it was so dangerous. I've dealt with a pretty extensive BGA issue in the past. The only ill effects I experienced with it was a stink that's difficult to get off your hands. I didn't realize how toxic it can be, especially for pets and children. If you're dealing with it make sure to dispose of it safely and probably a good idea to wear glove and wash really well afterwards. Here's some more info on toxicity. BGA TOXICITY
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top