The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this for a while... What do you guys think? It would probably take a LOT of planning but would be worth it in the end?

I have no ideas for the logistics of something like this but I know that there are people here from probably every state and multiple countries... Maybe we could have all the different clubs host meetings on the same day giving talks about getting into the planted tank side for people who aren't at the moment and demonstrations on how to set up a planted tank? And have some auctions?

Full of Ideas that are probably too big for me right now...

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The problem is most communities arent plant-savy. My LFS sells nothing for the planted tank, except for some random plants. You cant find the lighting you need, co2, bla bla bla. You cant even get good substrate.

Most people are into fish, they buy plants and they die.....they have no idea why.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is most communities arent plant-savy. My LFS sells nothing for the planted tank, except for some random plants. You cant find the lighting you need, co2, bla bla bla. You cant even get good substrate.

Most people are into fish, they buy plants and they die.....they have no idea why.
Well that would be the point of this "planted tank day" is to explain these things, show how to set up a tank... talk about light... etc etc!

Now I'm not sure how we could actually do this... but it might be possible a year or two down the line..

-Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.