The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im actually not entirely new to the hobby but i'm looking to buy a co2 system for my 60 gallon planted tank, Ive held by with DIY co2 on all my planted tanks and they are just starting to get on my nerves, I saw an automatic co2 system on fosterandsmith aquarium.com that i liked the lookes of but the truth is i have no idea what im talking about, I know a place that i can buy and refill tanks of co2 but im wondering if a sytem like that is too big for my tank? And how long would a 5 lb co2 tank last for me?

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
That is likely exactly what you are looking for. If you are budget minded you can usually piece on together cheaper in the Swap and Shop section of this forum. A 5 Lb. tank should last you at least a few months. Its been awhile since I had a 5 lb. tank so that is just a guess. Someone with 5 lb. experience could give you a more accurate guess. Dork Cobra on here has a primer to Co2 linked in his signature if you go to the members list and find him and click on his link.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Ok thanks for the info, I saw a 5lb aluminum tank for 50-60$ on amazon i thought might be a good deal ?
That is about average for that size tank on Ebay, etc. At least, as I recall when I was shopping it was. Sometimes they are cheaper on SnS forum, and places that trade a full tank for an empty one might be cheaper too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That is about average for that size tank on Ebay, etc. At least, as I recall when I was shopping it was. Sometimes they are cheaper on SnS forum, and places that trade a full tank for an empty one might be cheaper too.
wow, my used fosters co2 kit minus the reactor and controller for $70 with a 5lb tank from my lfs is really starting to like an even better deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.