The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
AH Supply provides installation manuals with every kit. I have 1x55 + 2x13 in my canopy wired semi-independently. The mounting is dependent on your canopy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right. I don't have any of that, but for the pricing I'll work it.

I figured I could just hang the fixtures as they are, after I've put them together. Would that work?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Yea...the reflector is just sheet metal and the bulb harness needs to be connected to something (not coneected really to the reflector except by the bulb). Build a small box and mount it, then hang that.

Keep in mind there is a ballast to deal with. That thing gets pretty hot too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Light insite

I got the 2x55 from them... as stated the install instructions are somewhat lacking only in the reflector area though... the electrical end of them where spot on... The ballist had extremly long leads (3-4') so I placed it in my cabinet mounted to the divider (away from the canopy). If you have the original canopy... TAKE YOUR TIME and you won't have a problem...

Troy

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've never done it, but I suppose you could hang the entire lightbulb/reflector assembly from the bolts that hold the clips to the reflector. I don't think it would look very clean though.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.