The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching food documentry on hulu.com and documentrylovers.net for free.
so far ive seen:
Fat, sick & nearly dead
Chow down
Forks over knives
Forks over knives E2
Food Matters
Hungry for change

Any thoughts from you guys? any other recommendations? Im going to watch food inc. tomorrow.

My favorite is Forks over knives and Hungry for change. But if you have the time you should watch all of them.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I find many documentaries of this nature quite biased.

For example, in "Super Size Me", Spurlock gained 24lbs. in 30 days eating McDonald's food. Of course, he was eating 5,000 calories per day...

Far less sensational, with correspondingly less media attention, is "Me and Mickey D's"; where someone ate more sensible portions and lost 10lbs. a month for three months. Or how about that nutrition professor who lost 27 pounds in two months eating stuff like Twinkies.

Still, I have watched some of the documentaries on your list, and generally found it worthwhile as long as it's taken with a few grams of salt. ;)

"Food Inc." was a good one. I also highly recommend "King Corn" - this one made me downright angry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.