The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set-up: Im upgrading my 55g to a 125g. It will be in the middle of the room with both long sides and one end of the tank viewable. It will be a high light [still figuring lighting], Pressurized CO2, and canister filter. For the CO2 I bought the kit from the LFS for $175 that comes with everything but the canister.

1st: I will need atleast 2 entery for the CO2 in a tank that size. Right? The kit comes with a diffuser, but should I also do a inline in a Canister. But could tht not ruin the Canister. Should I just buy a smaller [cheaper] canister on ebay to use as another CO2 enterance point besides as extra filteration?
And how would I go about doing a inline CO2.

2nd: How many watts would a 125g heater be? I cannot seem to find one. And do they make inline heaters for a 125g tank? Or would I need 2 heaters?

·
Registered
711 Posts
#1) yes it would be better to have 2 diffusers or one diffuser and one external reactor like Rex style.
#2)I recommend two heaters 200W or 250W each,this way if one fails in ON position ,it will not cook your fish/plants or if it stops working ,the other one can still manage to keep the tank warm.

·
Registered
711 Posts
A lot of members here have inline heaters and seem to be happy with the performance.
There is a thread about that diffuser but I can't find it,to me it looks cheap and nasty.
Try to make an external reactor,or use a powerhead to diffuse the co2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts