I have a few questions I thought I would ask in one hit - sorry if these have been covered elsewhere already. First about my tank - it is a 64 litre, quite heavily planted (bacopa, dwarf sag, java moss, amazon sword type plant and another I'm not sure of the name), it gets 30 watts light for 12 hours, diy co2, it is quite heavily stocked fish wise so I do a 10 litre water change twice a week using Tetra Aquasafe water conditioner. I use Interpet Flora Boost liquid ferts (2ml daily) and just added some API Root Tabs for the rooted plants. So my questions are:
- Is a twice weekly water change necessary or would the plants benefit from the fish "produce" so long as water checks show levels are safe for the fish? Also does the water conditioner have any affect on the ferts and do you need to add a larger dose of ferts after a water change?
- Is there any benefit to dosing liquid ferts daily or is a weekly larger dose ok?
- Now I added the root tabs (6 spread out between the rooted plants) should I drop the liquid ferts as only the java moss and bacopa use the water column?
- Using a ceramic diffuser I can only get the mist of bubbles to spread over the front of the tank, all the plants are towards the back. Will the co2 dissolve and spread effectively anyway or should I be aiming to cover the plants with the mist?
- I've not seen many people claim to use Flora Boost so what is the best brand of liquid ferts or should I be making my own?