The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon with the following:
Bristle nose pleco, rubber lip pleco, 6 glow tetras, 8 cardinal tetras, 11 ember tetras, 15ish amano shrimp, and a rainbow shrimp.

How many German blue rams would be appropriate?

How many shrimp would be ideal to keep this tank clean?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One to two pairs.

I have 4 amano and about 8 snails in my 75 and so far so good. I think balance matters more than shrimp for clean up.
That makes sense. I'm working from on balance.. unfortunately I'm pretty green when it comes to lighting and I'm figuring out CO2. I could use a couple of days with consistent time available to monitor CO2 though. I should probably invest in a flow meter as well.

GBR in even numbers then... That's fair. That's probably where I went wrong years ago.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
That makes sense. I'm working from on balance.. unfortunately I'm pretty green when it comes to lighting and I'm figuring out CO2. I could use a couple of days with consistent time available to monitor CO2 though. I should probably invest in a flow meter as well.

GBR in even numbers then... That's fair. That's probably where I went wrong years ago.
To be clear when I say I pairs I mean one pair being a male and a female. If you put 2 males in the tank with no other females they will fight each other. Sexing them young can be difficult so look up how to do it before you get to the fish store. My local fish store usually has a few people who say they can sex a fish but their actual ability to do so is questionable so you will want your own eye on it as well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do you not experience the gbr’s eating the shrimp? They always seemed to be mines favorite snack. It was a smaller Amano they ate but then would eat ghost shrimp as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts