The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
There were a few kitchens in there, but whichever one, peninsula tanks are second only to free-standing tanks for getting people's attention. If all of the rooms in my home weren't just long, I would've done a free-standing cube a long time ago. My personal favorite was the tank inside the lagoon pool. That's really out-of-the box thinking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There were a few kitchens in there, but whichever one, peninsula tanks are second only to free-standing tanks for getting people's attention. If all of the rooms in my home weren't just long, I would've done a free-standing cube a long time ago. My personal favorite was the tank inside the lagoon pool. That's really out-of-the box thinking.
I agree, but the problem with 360* views is that it's hard to aquascape something that can be seen from every angle. With a scape you usually have one angle in mind, sometimes two. Three, like a peninsula, is hard but there are some tricks that most people use to work around it. I've just never seen a freestanding tank that didn't have a bad angle.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I agree, but the problem with 360* views is that it's hard to aquascape something that can be seen from every angle. With a scape you usually have one angle in mind, sometimes two. Three, like a peninsula, is hard but there are some tricks that most people use to work around it. I've just never seen a freestanding tank that didn't have a bad angle.

Oh, it can be done. All the ones I remember seeing were SW tanks with a center column of rocks and corals that hid the plumbing at the center of the tank. There wasn't a bad view to be had. I recalling reading the installation of one and they even trenched the foundation of the house so they could run a water line to the cabinet under the tank! It would take some creativity, but I can envision something similar with driftwood. It would also take some serious $.

I agree peninsulas are a challenge too. Mine is a 180G, and anything with less than 24" wide would be tough to plant. But again, creativity may make it work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh, it can be done. All the ones I remember seeing were SW tanks with a center column of rocks and corals that hid the plumbing at the center of the tank. There wasn't a bad view to be had. I recalling reading the installation of one and they even trenched the foundation of the house so they could run a water line to the cabinet under the tank! It would take some creativity, but I can envision something similar with driftwood. It would also take some serious $.

I agree peninsulas are a challenge too. Mine is a 180G, and anything with less than 24" wide would be tough to plant. But again, creativity may make it work.
I've seen them too, and it can be done but I guess I don't like the "pillar" look. It's not something I like, but I guess other peole do so I'll cede this one to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.