The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. on a 20G high tank, are T5HO lights overkill? Money is not really a constraint, so I was looking at the TEK and catalina fixtures, but I'm not going to spend it if I don't need to.

2. If I ran 4 T5NO 14w 6700k bulbs instead of the HO option, would that be considered moderate or high lighting?

3. If I went to high lighting, do I need to get rid of my low light plants like anubias?

4. is there an amount of lighting where DIY CO2 becomes insufficient?

5. I've read conflicting advice on adding CO2 during lights out/lights on. Which is the best time to add? Also, if using DIY, can you regulate when its on - I assume no.

6. I've read that DIY CO2 smells like a brewery. Is this smell something that will escape the system? How intense/noticeable is it?

·
Registered
852 Posts
1. on a 20G high tank, are T5HO lights overkill? Money is not really a constraint, so I was looking at the TEK and catalina fixtures, but I'm not going to spend it if I don't need to.

2. If I ran 4 T5NO 14w 6700k bulbs instead of the HO option, would that be considered moderate or high lighting?
Do not know... But I do know I like Catalina fixtures and service. I have three of them now

3. If I went to high lighting, do I need to get rid of my low light plants like anubias?

Or shade them

4. is there an amount of lighting where DIY CO2 becomes insufficient?

Zero lighting
**********Use a drop checker********

5. I've read conflicting advice on adding CO2 during lights out/lights on. Which is the best time to add? Also, if using DIY, can you regulate when its on - I assume no.

Light drives growth with CO2 - no light - no growth

6. I've read that DIY CO2 smells like a brewery. Is this smell something that will escape the system? How intense/noticeable is it?
You would never know it - no smell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.