The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It’s been a while since I uploaded any photos. I’ve still been active on my blog, and have been posting photo and stories. I just haven’t put any up here because they have all been about insects and I have posted quite a number of pictures over the past few months. I don’t want to wear out my welcome...

Anyhow, here are a few photos that have gone up on the blog fairly recently.

I hope everyone had a great summer...
Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

shield bug jpg close copyright Ernie Cooper 2012 by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

copy of P8177563 copyright Ernie Cooper 2012_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

dragonfly tiff_filtered sm for post by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

· Are these real?
15,763 Posts
They are fantastic, keep on posting them.

The Dragonfly is focus-stacked, right?

On the Shield bug photo, the background is a bit too saturated/distracting for my taste. I know it is probably natural, but I wonder how it would look like if it was darker or not as limey. :smile: It would perhaps accentuate the colors of the bug better.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are fantastic, keep on posting them.

The Dragonfly is focus-stacked, right?

On the Shield bug photo, the background is a bit too saturated/distracting for my taste. I know it is probably natural, but I wonder how it would look like if it was darker or not as limey. :smile: It would perhaps accentuate the colors of the bug better.
Nope, the dragonfly photo isn't stacked...all of these are shot normally using a 35mm macro lens and ring flash

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.