The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've been bitten with the collectoritis bug again, this time not plants, shrimp and bettas. I'm gonna do 2x AGA 2.5 gallon tanks from petsmart, one for me and the male betta eventually, one for my g-ma and a female betta eventually.

for now, before i get the bettas, i want to breed black shrimp and endlers in my 2.5.

I'm wondering if- 1- 3 liter bag of AS is gonna be enough to do 2x 2.5 gallon tanks?
if not then i'm gonna wait to fins some sand locally, but I want all aquasoil really.

Other thing- uuuuuuh............
oh yea, how long will the ammonia spike last in a 2.5, with some clippings in there?
hmmm, i think that's all anyway?IDK

·
Registered
89 Posts
get the powder

My LFS that specializes in ADA has the smaller size aqua soil powder in their shrimp tank (and also in a cory tank) and it looks better with a creature that small... the little guys can sort of do their combing thing. And for a nano I like the look of the powder better. If I were to do a new small tank I would buy the powder in whatever color I liked and definitely skip the annoying powersand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.