The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2 year old daughter has killed almost all of my tiger shrimp(4 left) via chocolate milk.:icon_cry: they were the ones with the yellow tails.
My husband who is now dead meat didn't think it important to let me know when I came home from work last night. :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire I found out this morning what happened when my 4 year old woke up. I could only save 4 of about $75 worth of shrimp. I have to start all over again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Cindy. My 3 & 5 year olds have stayed away from my 8 year old's tank, but stories like yours are a good reminder to remain cautious with them. You said you saved 4, but the rest were lost... how many did you start with, and what amount of chocolate milk got dumped into the tank?

I think the least your husband can do is cover the replacement tigers, as well as about a dozen yellows from Pedro!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was 20 total I only had them about 1 and1/2 weeks-I figure he'll be eating hot dogs and mac & chz for a month:angryfire
the tank smelt like dirty diaper this morning I figure the higher temp of the tank must of really mad the milk curdle fast couldn't even see through the water. I scooped out all of the bodies and put them in clean water-2 that looked dead came back to life in about 15min of being in clean water:confused:
oh and it was almost a half a glass about 1 1/2 Cups

·
Registered
803 Posts
OMG! Yes, I'd definitely say that Hubs should spring for more tigers and some yellows, most definitely. If he wasn't your hubby and you took him to court for this, you'd get replacement of the damage PLUS pain and suffering compensation, right? *snicker* I'm hoping to go to law school in the coming years, so want me to argue your case? I'll do it for a flat fee of half a dozen baby yellows deliverable six months after we win. ;)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts