The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a 29g for a pair of angels that have mated. I'll be using a large sponge filter and no substrate. First, where should I put the filter? I'm leaning towards a rear corner. Should I put it elsewhere? Next, should I run an airstone in addition to the one in the sponge filter? Next, heater. The back wall would be the normal place, but I had a thought of putting it on the floor or the tank. Good, bad, crazy? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not sure it matters for the sponge filter, The heater I would definitely put on the side of the tank near enough to the sponge filter so it circulates water past it. Don't want any cold/hot spots in tank.

Good luck with the angels and the fry!

·
Registered
71 Posts
you can put the sponge filter anywhere, if your the person who cares about cables then I guess put it in the back corners, where you can get to it easily, and like @Griznatch said, you want to put the heater close to the sponge filter. I guess you should also get a slate so the angels can hatch their eggs? but I'm not going to get into that because I think you probably already have one (y)

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I always add an air-stone in breeding tanks because it aids with circulation over spawned eggs to prevent fungus.
Also, 2 adult angels in a 29 gallon would appreciate the added aeration.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always add an air-stone in breeding tanks because it aids with circulation over spawned eggs to prevent fungus.
Also, 2 adult angels in a 29 gallon would appreciate the added aeration.
Thanks. I was leaning that way but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.