The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or at least I think most of these were grown emersed. I wish the seller would have told me that they were emersed or at least labeled the plants when they were shipped to me.

Plant # 1

Plant # 2

Plant # 3 & 4

Plant # 5 - same as plant # 1?

I really appreciate all the help!

- Garrett

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
plant 1 looks like alternanthera reineckii of some sort.
plant 2 maybe limnophila broad?
plant 3 myriophyllum something
plant 4 looks like hygrophila tiger or polysperma
plant 5 is some kind of ludwigia.

im not a plant ID expert so these are just educated guesses.

·
Registered
471 Posts
1. probably Ludwigia repens
2. Prosperpinaca palustris
3. Myriophyllum aquaticum
4. Hygrophila corymbosa 'Angustifolia'(probably) or Hygrophila salicifolia(probably)
5. Ammania gracilis (I bought one that looks EXACTLY like that from petco, it grew to be Ammania gracilis)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
1. Ludwigia repens x L arcuata
2. Hard to say from photo
3. Whorled leaves. May be emersed Pogostemon stellatus (this is 3?)
4. Myriophyllum aquaticum?
5. Ammannia gracilis

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK folks thanks for the input. I contacted the seller and they suggested (as confirmed by a few answers)

1. Ludwigia peruensis
2. Limnophila aromatica
3. Didn't say for the shorter one
4. One in back - Pogostemon octopus
5. Ammania gracilis

Thanks for the input about buying plants that were emersed....Given proper conditions, should I expect about a month or less for these to convert fully over? And at that point should I cut the plant at the midpoint of new growth and old emersed growth and replant the new?

- Garrett

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
OK folks thanks for the input. I contacted the seller and they suggested (as confirmed by a few answers)

1. Ludwigia peruensis
That name does not exist botanically. When Ludwigia glandulosa was introduced into the hobby, it was mistakenly identified as the Asian species L perennis. That name persisted and morphed into "peruensis". Anyway, your plant has opposite leaves, so it definitely isn't that. Standing by my answer.

2. Limnophila aromatica
Hard to tell much from that photo, but I don't think so. Does it have an odor?

4. One in back - Pogostemon octopus
Octopus is not a species name. It's a trade name attached to a narrow-leaved form of... Pogostemon stellatus.

5. Ammania gracilis
They got one! :icon_roll

Given proper conditions, should I expect about a month or less for these to convert fully over? And at that point should I cut the plant at the midpoint of new growth and old emersed growth and replant the new?
About two weeks. Leave them be; they will draw from the emersed leaves to form new submerged ones.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright! Well it's apparent that the seller has been using a lot of incorrect names. I'll edit my list with these corrected names, and I appreciate it Tinanti! Thank you for the corrections. I guess in two weeks or so I'll post updated pictures for you to double check.

So if that one is Myriophyllum aquaticum, then I should probably pull it up and plant it in the back so it doesn't grow up in front of the Pogostemon. If you can see the Proserpinaca palustris (at least I think it is)to the right in photo number 3, I was able to salvage that from what looked like a nasty weed that came with a few plants a while ago.

The suspected Limnophila aromatica has somewhat of a citrus odor to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts