The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thank everyone in advance for their patience and assistance.

1. Of the "red" shrimp varieties, which is the hardiest and most accepting of a variety of water conditions?

2. Will pretty much all shrimp eat fish eggs?

3. Do shrimp and Bristle nose plecos get along okay?

Thank you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I guess I can just get a bucket load of otto's instead of the BNs. :)

Lemon tetras are my favorite planted tank "schooling" fish, and they have always spawned for me in the past, so I don't want to put anything in that would eat their eggs.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have cory fry swimming around with my cherries now, so I know at least a few of the eggs survived. I didn't have time to round up this last batch of eggs before the other cories in the tank got to them. I watched the cherries picking all over them, but I'm pretty sure that they weren't actually eating the eggs, otherwise there would have been no fry at all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
1. red cherry should be the hardest and easiest to care for
2. i doubt it unless the eggs are rotten or unfertilized
3. i have bn in most of my shrimp tanks and they get along fine, although sometimes they fight for food. my bn are dwarf though, i think max out at about 2in or so.

disvegas,

I thank everyone in advance for their patience and assistance.

1. Of the "red" shrimp varieties, which is the hardiest and most accepting of a variety of water conditions?

2. Will pretty much all shrimp eat fish eggs?

3. Do shrimp and Bristle nose plecos get along okay?

Thank you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe the shrimp actually help then if they are just keeping the eggs clean.

Say, another question:

Can I fertalize with CSM+B or will the copper cause problems for the shrimp? If so, what should I use instead?

Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.