The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
That's super nice!

What are those circle thing coming off the branches?

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy was telling me about that, basically these Bonsai trees are specifically grown for aquascaping. They make the bonsai branches grow and fuse onto the wooden disks so you can later attach aquatic plants onto them! I got it for $60 so I was a bit remorseful but hey you only buy hardscape once right? Plus is going to look really nice on my Fluval Spec V!

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Wow that's so cool.
May I ask where you purchased it?

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The only problem I can see is that the discs are so large, and so placed, that by the time you get enough plant material there to cover them, you'll also have obscured the intricate details that make the tree so nice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it at Ck Fishworld in West Covina, CA. He had one left, apparently a friend of his brought them over from Vietnam.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only problem I can see is that the discs are so large, and so placed, that by the time you get enough plant material there to cover them, you'll also have obscured the intricate details that make the tree so nice.
Agreed! I was thinking of trimming down the disks a bit.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm debating now between weeping moss, riccia or Fissidens fontanus.

Texas, I mostly get remorse when I start adding up how much I've spent this year on auqascaping, tanks etc. LOL This is my first year going back into the Hobby since High School and man oh man do things add up!

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
weeping moss would be cool.

but to find "true" weeping moss is another issue haha

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
some sort of moss. Riccia doesn't root or take hold so you would have to tie it down to the pads and seems like a lot of work to manage. Riccia is one of those plants everyone buys until they have it, then hate it. lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts