The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a female and I thought she was pregnant by the way she was always fanning her underside. But she was so deep red that I couldn't see any eggs or any thing just her fanning away back there.

A few days ago she stopped doing all the fanning. And today I found this little guy. It's so tiny barely bigger than an adults eye if even that big.

I'm excited about it :smile:

I added a pic of the mom she is grazing alot more now and not hiding any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congrats! I have some babies that have been living in a 5 gallon bucket for much longer than I planned. I'm trying to catch them and move them to their new home, but they're fast and hard to see!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Congrats. I bet there is a bunch more hiding.

I had a few berried females and they ceased being berried. I figured I lost the babies. A week later my tank is crawling with babies. 200+

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good luck with your babies....
Myself............I have had as many as 15 running around and then they are all gone?
My Dirted tank is just not good for keeping babies alive. I get one or two that make it (per batch) in the last few years.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Congrats !!! They should do well as I can see your tank is at least fairly mature.
Biggest mistake on them is having them in very young tanks. Let an end glass get algae on it and they will always be there.
Picotank: your tank might be too algae free. more will survive if you pick a spot and
let the algae grow in that spot. GSA type mostly.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congrats !!! They should do well as I can see your tank is at least fairly mature.
Biggest mistake on them is having them in very young tanks. Let an end glass get algae on it and they will always be there.
Picotank: your tank might be too algae free. more will survive if you pick a spot and
let the algae grow in that spot. GSA type mostly.
I leave the back of the tank wall green with algae so not sure what the problem is unless it's a water problem...
TDS is in the mid 400's always with this dirted tank
GH 12
KH 10
PH 7.8
Adult shrimp seem to be fine and breed with no troubles??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts