The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't say no to the 20% off special waterbox was having. I picked up a 20gallon mini and 6 gallon mini.

This journal will be for the 6 gallon mini which is essentially to replace the night on my nightstand.

I plan to stock with blue dream shrimp. chili rasboras, and maybe some otos.
I'll add a chunk of driftwood, some rocks.
Substrate will be eco-complete on top of Flourish Black Sand.
Low tech, HOB filter...

Not really sure about what plants yet...
Feel free to chime in with plant suggestions!

Woohoo, new tank day!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:
Got some Rotala H'ra cultures and stuck them in the substrate. There were so many in the cup that I put a whole bunch in my 20g long and still had all those floating around to spare...
Took some Java Fern and Anubias (not sure which variety) from my shrimp tank and put them in here.
Planning on a carpet of Marsilia Hirsuta that I'll be taking trimming from my 20g long to put in here.

No hurry on livestock. Just planning for some neo shrimp and chili rasboras once the tank has had some time to mature.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What sort of why did you end up putting on that tank?

It looks good I wish my nightstand was little bit bigger.
Not sure about your question. I think autocorrect took over.
It is a stand from Living Spaces.
Added a few amano shrimp and took an old sponge from another tank and dropped it in there to help along the cycle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a beautiful little tank! I look forward to seeing how it comes along.
Thanks! I'm going to be removing the seiryu stone soon and doing things to inspire a low ph (almond leaves) as I've decided I want to keep Crystal Red and Crystal Black Shrimp in there along with some Chili Rasboras. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update - I decided I plan to keep Crystal Red and Crystal Black Shrimp as well as Chili Rasboras so I've had to make some changes.
The Seiryu stone is out (and moved to a tank that I plan on keeping endlers and Sulawesi Shrimp).
After a week of the used filter sponge being in the tank, this tank is cycled so the sponge is out!

I'm going to add some indian almond leaves to darken the water and maintain a lower ph for the livestock I chose and I hope this to be a rather "breeding friendly" tank for the shrimp and fish.

The amanos hide from the bright light so I'm going to add some floating, lily pad style plants. Any ideas on which I should do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.