The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
your tank looks excellent and I love moors, but I have to tell you as someone that has kept fancy goldfish for 6+ years, that little guy is going to quickly outgrow that tank. Goldfish need a min. of 10g per fish to really thrive and grow - they poop A LOT! So you may want to think about setting up at least a 10g in the future as he grows. Not trying to burst your bubble, but I have gone through A LOT of goldfish and they need a lot more care than people think. In fact a black moor was how I got started in this hobby. I got one in a mini shelf tank and it quickly developed Ick, after researching why it got sick I got involved on a message board and started in this fantastic hobby. If you have any questions or want to further discuss goldfish please feel free to bug me anytime! Good luck! It is a nice looking scape you have.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For now just keep up on water changes and watch water parameters as much as possible, like I said, they create a lot of waste and ammonia can really spike in no time, but I want you to know that I do really like the look and set up you went for :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your tank looks excellent and I love moors, but I have to tell you as someone that has kept fancy goldfish for 6+ years, that little guy is going to quickly outgrow that tank. Goldfish need a min. of 10g per fish to really thrive and grow - they poop A LOT! So you may want to think about setting up at least a 10g in the future as he grows. Not trying to burst your bubble, but I have gone through A LOT of goldfish and they need a lot more care than people think. In fact a black moor was how I got started in this hobby. I got one in a mini shelf tank and it quickly developed Ick, after researching why it got sick I got involved on a message board and started in this fantastic hobby. If you have any questions or want to further discuss goldfish please feel free to bug me anytime! Good luck! It is a nice looking scape you have.
Ya I have had black moors in the past also, so I know about how much they poop. But I haven't had outgrowing problems in the past, but it might be because I just had them for a year or so at a time. Oddly enough the first black moor I ever had got ick also, so thats kinda funny.:D. But he lived through it luckily.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats great! Moors do tend to be smaller than other goldies, even when I kept one in a 55g with other goldies he stayed smaller than the rest. Will look forward to how it progresses with the lil guy :) welcome to the forum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts