The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing a high tech 9gal fluval flex. iwagumi with a Monte Carlo carpet. I have the aquarium with seiryu rock. I'm in the planning stages (will probably take a month) to setup the scape.

I've been thinking about live stock options but I'm limited to temperature and size. My temp will be 23°C to avoid Algae and promote healthy Plant growth. I will be using either amono or cherry shrimp. But I'm also looking for a fish or too. Any recommendations? Also looking for some snails.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doing a high tech 5gal fluval spec. iwagumi with a Monte Carlo carpet. I have the aquarium with seiryu rock. I'm in the planning stages (will probably take a month) to setup the scape.

I've been thinking about live stock options but I'm limited to temperature and size. My temp with be 23°C to avoid Algae and promote healthy Plant growth. I will be using either amono or cherry shrimp. But I'm also looking for a fish or too. Any recommendations? Also looking for some snails.

Celestial Pearl danios!

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Celestial Pearl danios!

Beautiful fish. Love the red accents and the yellow dots! They will definitely pop against the lush green carpet and Seiryu rock. Any recommendations for snails? Preferably a snail that cleans the aquariums algae.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Beautiful fish. Love the red accents and the yellow dots! They will definitely pop against the lush green carpet and Seiryu rock. Any recommendations for snails? Preferably a snail that cleans the aquariums algae.

For a small tank I would recommend either horned near right snails because they don't get as big, for some Ram's Horn snails. The red Rams Horn snails I find particularly pretty. Both are good cleaners.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How would pea puffers do In a 5gal? I've always found them playful and interesting.

They prefer to being groups of five or more and really need a 20 gallon aquarium or larger for a group.
You could possibly do a single pea puffer in a 5 gallon but I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They prefer to being groups of five or more and really need a 20 gallon aquarium or larger for a group.
You could possibly do a single pea puffer in a 5 gallon but I would not recommend it.

Best to keep them in a larger aquarium then. Wouldn't want to make the little guy confined.

My only issue is galaxy rasboras are extremely hard to find where I'm located...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Celestial Pearl danios, endless (particularly males), emerald Rasbora, ember tetras, betta, pigmy corydoras... Those are some I can think of off the top of my head that would do fine in a 5gal.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just a heads-up, the pea puffer would destroy your snails and any shrimp you would put in there. They are cute little buggers but really predatory.

Reactions: MissCris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Celestial Pearl Danios are nice room temperature fish. I have had them in a fluval spec and they really looked nice. They remind me of little trout. They are active, peaceful, and colorful with no demand for a heater. One less piece of equipment to fail and cook a fish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
aquahuna.com sells celestrial pearl danios, you should check them out. I'm not sure if they are currently in stock but they do have them in periotically. They also have a great selection of shrimp, I think they may ship internationally but I'm not sure. I know that they are located in the U.S and ship to Canada.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.