The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a standard size 75G tank, wanting to go planted. I also happen to have 2 24 inch Nova Extreme T5HO light fixtures. Each fixture has 2-24watt HO bulbs. I will replace the Saltwater bulbs with Aqautic plant bulbs. The 2 fixtures will be placed on top of the tank in the middle, running the full length.
Is this sufficient lighting for a Amazon Biotope setup? I would like to use as much as possible plants from the Amazon basin. The fish will be Scalare or Altums, Tetras, ect..driftwood.
Just trying to use what I have!
Any info would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
My experience with Nova Extreme lights is that they put out roughly 1/2 as much light as what Hoppy's charts predicts for a good T5HO fixture. I'm guessing you won't have enough lighting with that setup.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My experience with Nova Extreme lights is that they put out roughly 1/2 as much light as what Hoppy's charts predicts for a good T5HO fixture. I'm guessing you won't have enough lighting with that setup.
I'm considering this fixture myself, to sit about 18" above the substrate, so I have to ask: It can't be worse than the Coralife, right? So where do you guess it would fall?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My experience with this exact light is quite good with corals! Although it was on a 20G long, so not the height of a 75G. I'm just looking for more info. It would be 96 watts of T5ho light over a 75G tank. I'm assuming most Anubias and other Amazon plants would be ok....just would like advice. I'm not looking for a high light situation, but also want to provide proper lighting for plants!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.