The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
It's been a while, became a firefighter, got two husky, thinking about a baby, got a second job, lost my car... two times in two month...

That being said, I didn't take care of my 60 correctly so algaes started growing = staghorn, hair, bba, green spot algae...
The summer light made me have cyanobacteria problems and we are closing the second kitchen, which I used as a aquarium tools room, to make a guess room.

So I told myself... instead of having a complicated 60p iwagumi I don't really like
Imma build a fully automatic 90p in the basement so no sun light will ever be a problem.

The 90p has been waiting in the basement for 2 years anyway cause I couldn't find a decent light for my budget.

So I sold my 60 and bought a new 160W 8000k maxspect razor led for the same price last week and I am ending my aquarium stand.

Now I need your help for the layout, which should I build?

the closed 60p

option 1

option 2

There will be sand in both layout and seyriu stone too.
For the plants I am thiking : anuria, crypto, M. trident, bucephelandra, HC, F. fontanels.
I have a eheim 2217 with skimmer intake, a in-line co2 and heater and I will find an automatic ferts dispenser.

Thanks for your opinion and comments!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I prefer layout 2, but that's because I prefer thicker wood, rather than those with thin branches. It's looking good though this should be a good build.
For scape 2 I would angle the highest branch so it doesn't go vertically as much and comes down into the tank a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
The thinner pieces of wood with rot away within a few months. So if you choose the first layout, be ready for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts