The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through my tank today and was planning on selling a couple plant packages, but since the plants have not been in ideal conditions, I would not be comfortable selling average-looking plants. So, I figured I would RAOK them off (just noticed I had 900 posts, so why not?) for someone to nurse back to health. The only rule I have for the winner is that you must RAOK your first batch of trimmings, and give me a shoutout in the RAOK. I'm guessing these plants will fill in a rather large portion of a tank, so make sure you have room for them before entering.

Back story about the plants (long story short) --> I had to break down my 90 gallon because of flooding from a frozen pipe in my house in January, then I had ideas of setting it back up as a propagation tank. Then someone made me an offer on the tank, so I sold the tank (I didn't really want to have to move that thing again in May when I move haha). That left me with a 20 long stuffed (dare I say, "to the gills") with loads of java ferns and plants I purchased from junglefowl and barakinus.

Now, the plants are not in the best condition, nor are they a bunch of compost-worthy plants. The 20 long they were in didn't have CO2 at the time or fertilizers, so be aware that the reds won't really be red and the greens may be a little yellowish. I would say the Alternanthera reineckii is in the worst condition since the tops of the leaves are showing greenish areas.

Here is the plant list, you will be getting an unknown number of stems of each plant, unless otherwise noted (clockwise from top left):

- Myriophyllum mattogrossense
- ludwigia repens 'green' (undersides of leaves have some red)
- stargrass
- ludwigia sp. 'red' (2 stems; leaves at the top of the stem are greenish)
- Rotala wallichii
- rotala colorata / rotundifola / indica (a mix from what I remember, but mostly rotundifola)
- Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae (1 crown)
- Alternanthera reineckii (1 stem; undersides of leaves and stem are still pink/red)
- maybe a little narrow/needle leaf java fern?

Start a numbered list and I will select one number at random at 7:00pm (3/31) EST. If the list gets messed up, just fix it before you add your name to it. I am guessing it will cost ~$6-7 to ship through USPS (mind your weather, no DOA), so I am asking you pay through PayPal before I ship the plants, which will probably be on Monday or Tuesday. I have snails in my tank, so eggs may be possible. I have found that a 24 hour alum bath (3 Tbs. / gal) works well for killing snails and snail eggs.

Sorry about the fuzzy layout pic, I moved when taking the pic but didn't notice until the plants went into the tote:

·
Registered
588 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
3. pewpewkittah - thanks!
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
6. 00camaro16 (Thanks for the nice Raok)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
7. burg_78

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
7. burg_78
8. AquaAurora
9. Du3ce

·
Registered
63 Posts
. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
7. burg_78
8. AquaAurora
9. Du3ce
10. Jozdavid

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
7. burg_78
8. AquaAurora
9. Du3ce
10. Jozdavid

·
Registered
21 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
7. burg_78
8. AquaAurora
9. Du3ce
10. Jozdavid
11. mollbern

·
Registered
796 Posts
1. CharlesT
2. Mikeb524
4. Kat12
5. Pantherspawn
7. burg_78
8. AquaAurora
9. Du3ce
10. Jozdavid
11. mollbern
12. Mistuhmarc nice RAOK :D!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts