base fertilizer : ???
substrate : ???
co2 : none

plant : ???
fish : ???

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Holy cow...nice project! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
First was the 2.5 tons elevated pond-tank.

Now another 9 tons non elevated pond.

It is the right thing to do seeing that old pond choking with plants...
I hope next you open a small nursery too :icon_lol:

Man Jeffrey, you should do the things like in your first pond-tank. They grow just great!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Exciting! Can't wait to see what it looks like!

·
Registered
277 Posts
is that concrete?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Looks like it will be a fun pond! You guys are lucky that you have such a perfect climate for ponds like this!

is that concrete?
That would be my guess, It looks similar to stone though.. maybe it's textured or something?

-Andrew

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
and what kind of substrate? topsoil & gravel?

i used to live in indonesia for a while. The weather is perfect except for rainy season.. any drainage?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Poohbee : Yes, it's a concrete wall :D

@FishNewb : No, I don't make any texture on the wall. I'll paint them soon with plain black colour like my other AquaGarden.

@mistergreen : I think I'll use river sand for the substrate from local river near Garut, Indonesia. And, I don't use any drainage system. This planted pond concept is just to let the nature take care of it :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the OOT, Do you mean like this? I had already did that about 1 year ago in front of my previous AquaGarden tank.. :biggrin:

Size : 200 x 40 (cm)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Jef, I'd wish you continue your job like that. We need constant supply of HC, glosso, marseila in the market. There are so few people supplying around Jakarta!

Why dont you start over again two or three dozens of those green beauty? It is monsoon already and I'm sure they'll be easier to take care of (at least you can grow one cycle before the season ends).

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow.... drool!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Beautiful! Simply beautiful! I can't wait to see how it looks set up and planted. How far along are you now? Any chance of updated photos being posted? I'd love to see some. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts