The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quickie pictorial of my man cave tank from start to finish. I would appreciate feedback.

Building Wood Flooring Window Floor

Window Wood Lighting Ceiling fan Interior design

Furniture Building Chair Wood Lighting

Property Furniture Building Cabinetry Plant

Plant Plant community Rectangle Leaf Wood

Water Plant Wood Pet supply Aquatic plant

Flower Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Reptile

Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Grass Aquatic plant

Plant Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable Groundcover Grass

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
You ever think of going into this professionally...for others I mean ?
Very cool. Nice scape for a 90g also.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You ever think of going into this professionally...for others I mean ?
Very cool. Nice scape for a 90g also.
Hey, make me an offer LOL!!! Seriously Raymond, I am very flattered by your comment. This is my passion.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do you clean the back? do you have access to it? how are the pipes to your filter installed? i can't see any.
My cleaner fish do most of the glass work for me. I have over 150 fish in this tank. In the back left is a black overflow that leads to all of my equipment, which is neatly tucked in below.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Very nice looking, but I don't understand why you need to box it in? Why not just have it up against the wall and not limit yourself from getting a bigger aquarium one day? I mean don't get me wrong, its nice handy work, I just don't see the point. If you were going to build it in, why not actually frame the whole thing in completely instead of it looking like something that slid into an awkward space?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice looking, but I don't understand why you need to box it in? Why not just have it up against the wall and not limit yourself from getting a bigger aquarium one day? I mean don't get me wrong, its nice handy work, I just don't see the point. If you were going to build it in, why not actually frame the whole thing in completely instead of it looking like something that slid into an awkward space?
+1. i was actually wondering if those 2 columns there serve also as a cabinet or something useful.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Love it!!!! Lol, such a nice looking tank, nice hardscape, nice aquascape, now come to Denver and help me with my 100 gallon tank!!!!! Seriously though, it looks great!

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks great. How do you access the tank for trimming and such?
Thanks Veritas... I just open the canopy doors. I use a topless tank so its easy. Plus I have long arms lol.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gatekeeper, I think I appreciate the critical comments as much as the kudos. Thank you. I don't ever plan to go bigger. Larger tanks are so much more difficult for me to scape than the smaller ones and a 90 is about all my imagination can handle. I agree with you and definitely would have framed it in completely had it not been for the existing room windows. They were too close to the original wall and would have had to be removed to have a complete frame in. What I really wish I would have done is to put a hidden pantry inside the columns to house my supplies. We live and learn. Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Bump:
+1. i was actually wondering if those 2 columns there serve also as a cabinet or something useful.
birda!!!!!! I had to build it that way because of the exterior windows and I wish I had placed shelving inside of the columns. Live and learn.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stunning! You are very talented[/QUOTE

Thanks Dude!

Bump:
Very nice! My favorite part about it is the chair, intentionally facing the tank. That is EXACTLY what I would do. Well done!
I spend at least an hour a day there.

Bump:
Love it!!!! Lol, such a nice looking tank, nice hardscape, nice aquascape, now come to Denver and help me with my 100 gallon tank!!!!! Seriously though, it looks great!
Thank you Unrated. Just pay for the air fare lol

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I would have been happy with the tank up against the wall but I get why you chose to add the 2 columns. They make the tank look like a piece of furniture that was meant to be there.

BTW, it's not too late to add a few doors to the columns. A few hidden hinges and pop up latches and you are set.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have been happy with the tank up against the wall but I get why you chose to add the 2 columns. They make the tank look like a piece of furniture that was meant to be there.

BTW, it's not too late to add a few doors to the columns. A few hidden hinges and pop up latches and you are set.
You hit the nail on the head Aguilar! That's exactly what I was going for. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts