The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
from the description
Compared quality to Major Brands such as:
IceCap, Ushio, Aqualine, Iwasaki, Hamilton, Blue Life SPS, AquaMaxx, XM, Megachrome, Phoenix

Our Aquarium Plant and Hydroponics Growing lamps at 8,000K is white/yellowish in color and is designed to simulate sunlight growing effects to stimulate fast growth in veggies, plants, and etc. The 8000K lamps have superior par rating for plant, veggie, flower, and etc growing tasks.

white/yellow color, I am guessing it would not have the sweet green "pop" the ADA bulb has. as that is listed as 8k "Green".

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
It might be nice. I really liked the fishneedit 8K bulb and would have bought it again if it was still available. Bet this one is close to that.

Looked around and AquaMedic and AquariumPlants offers AM ADA 8K NA and NAG and bought the NA. It is even better than FNI. I don't have to play with the color when I take photos and my plants do look more vibrant while reds are the same as with the FNI bulbs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might be nice. I really liked the fishneedit 8K bulb and would have bought it again if it was still available. Bet this one is close to that.

Looked around and AquaMedic and AquariumPlants offers AM ADA 8K NA and NAG and bought the NA. It is even better than FNI. I don't have to play with the color when I take photos and my plants do look more vibrant while reds are the same as with the FNI bulbs.
Funny I have been looking at and was going to order up the FNI ( Fishneedit ) 150 watter.
I talked with ( forgot his name but very nice and informative) and he did mention about the 150 watters only with the 67k bulbs now.. I have a friend that I was in touch with here recently that has the "AquaMedic" 150 watt Halide with "Electronic" ballast which I'd prefer and I might get it from him and then consider this bulb here that I posted...
Question here though: What is the abbreviations NA and NAG ?? I'm sure I'll remember once someone chimes in here.. LOL !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts