The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My take on the Iwagumi style after looking through a lot of inspiring shrimp tanks over the past few months.

8 gallon cheapo rimless
[STRIKE]Finnex PX-360 canister filter[/STRIKE] Eheim 2211 canister filter
Inline CO2 injection
Generic glass lily pipes
Hydor inline 200w heater
Eco complete + fluorite
Finnex heater controller
16" Finnex sting ray
Flourish tabs + full seachem nute lineup

Monte Carlo + DHG

Day one DSM 5/23/15:

Feedback much appreciated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rock placement looks sooo good. Have you thought aboutusing an inline heater so you dont have to put stuff into the tank?
Yes I will either pick up an inline heater (lowest I see is 200w though) or DIY with a Eheim model.

looks good! what shrimp you getting?
Not sure yet but I have plenty of time to decide.

little advice, try to keep the water level below the line of the soil.
I dropped the water a bit to avoid nastiness.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you order from ebay? Those look very nice.
Yep, just a random brand from there. Searching for 13mm nano lily pipes will probably bring it up, but if I post a link it will get removed.

I have a 9g and found the 200W hydor inline heater does a great job. The thing is really big though! you will need room behind the tank for it.

Great looking scape! Should look really slick once filled in. Great job!
The heater looks huge, but I have 6" between the stand and wall for the CO2 system anyway so I will just need to mount it next to the c02 mixer. All these things should bring down the flow for the shrimps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I take back all the mean things I said about you China ;)

Little bit of sanding and some toothpaste polish will make them basically a thinner ADA for 1/4 the price. Highly recommend.

I am definitely interested in these. Can you PM me with where you got them from?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Changed up a few things from the last post. This is actually ebb & flow now with seachem ferts and very high co2.

Also ended up adding DHG.

Hoping to have a solid carpet by the start of July when this thing has been cycled awhile.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts