The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 7gal bow with hood and modified light. It now runs three 13W 6500K CFL bulbs. It was getting hard to come across the 14W T8s that would actually support plants. The filter is an Aqua Clear 20 with a Fluval Edge sponge on the intake. I have been running DIY CO2. You can have the ceramic diffuser and bottles if you want them as well as the last remaining fish (a male Tanichrhys micagammae) and plants; Java fern, & Sagittaria subulata. I also have some Anubis Barteri nana, Vallisneria and... clover looking stuff (the name is escaping me right now) that I can give you if you want. It has Black Diamond blasting media for substrate.You can have the ballast and 'reflctor' from the light as well as some newish bulbs that didn't support the plants so well (they actually killed off the higher light plants). There are some other odds and ends that will go along with it like an airpump, thermometer, etc. Asking $50 for it.

I have a Fluval Chi 5 gallon for $45, new in the box.

LED light from a Fluval Spec. I think it has less than 7 months on it with a 10 or so hour light cycle. It has blue moon lights as well as normal day lights. $10.

Jungle Plant Care CO2 fizz system with five refill packs, enough for well over a year. This explains it. $20

Square ceramic tube, about inside dimension is about an inch, 5-6" long, open on both ends. $5

Ceramic half circle tube, closed on one end. About 1.25" diameter, 6" long. $5

Driftwood, really cool piece that I never used. Lots of open space in the center for fish/shrimp to hide. It was a little too big to work in the 7 gallon bow. $15

Manopi driftwood that was in my girlfriend's tank for a couple of years $10

Manopi driftwood piece that I never ended up using. I think it is 10-11" long, 5 inches tall by 2.5 inches thick. (I don't have it with me right now) $15

For plants, other that what is in the tank above, I have a few more small bunches of Java fern (3-5 leaves, less than 1" rhizome), some Crypt Wenditii brown, a few small Anubias nana (3-7 leaves). A couple of bucks each, possibly trade for A. Reniki mini or other colorful small plants.

I have some other stuff that I will add later. I should probably put the 12g Mr Aqua long up here too since I still haven't set that up, but someone would have to convince me to part with it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, Western Mass, around Amherst.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'd totally be down for a trade, got A. reineckii 'cardinalis' if you aren't set on the mini, as well as Heterandria formosa. Contemplating making an offer for your tank... (just spent lots at the NEC convention), otherwise would be down for a trade for some anubias.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the cardinalis is going to be a little too big for an 8" cube, other wise I'd consider it. I have whole bunch of Anubis to get rid of. Are the Heterandria darker or lighter? I'd like to work with the dark striped ones.

Wish I could have made the convention. Went a couple of years ago and it was a good time. The auction was insane; a lot of really nice rare fish.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'd say some of both... here's what I'd call a darker female:

And it might... although I'm not even positive it is cardinalis, that's just what the tissue culture bag called it, but mine as never gotten much bigger than 5" or so. But then, I do trim it for auctions fairly often. Either way, if you can't find someone with mini, I'd be have to give you some to try, if you change your mind.

Yea, the convention was pretty fun. Great stuff at the auction, and the last 4 tables or so all went for dirt cheap since most of the people were gone by then.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, at the end they start going for $2, some less. People start buying fish that went for $30-50 earlier for $2 as feeders.

Those Heterandria look perfect. I'll try the cardinals. How big around do they get? With a 32W CFL over an 8"cube, it gets plenty of light, so stuff tends to stay compact. It might work out just fine.

I'm getting ready to list the tank on Craigslist, so let me know if you are interested. I'll probably break it down by next weekend (maybe this weekend) if I don't get any interest there. I'm setting up a small saltwater tank and don't want to have that much stuff running on my landlord's electric bill.
If you really want it, but can't justify it right now, I could break it down and hold onto it for a little bit.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The biggest I've seen mine get has been maybe 4-5" tall and 3-4" wide. Again, this is emersed, in potting soil with a dual fluorescent strip light a couple feet above, as well as in my sunlit jar.

Would $30 plus the fish and plants be an unreasonable offer for the tank? Also have plenty of other plants to offer, but none that I would call both small and colorful...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts