The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
75gal Tank

I saw this 75gal Tank All-Glass brand @ pet c. It’s 20”ht, but not as long as I’d like but No other place carries 75gals. It was $180 & the
55gal was $109,
$100 @ another LFS, not bad!

Perhaps ordering online is out of the question cause of the shipping charges so you’re stuck with the LFS’s. I think you can put in an order and it will be delivered to the LFS.

I'm drooling over 75 & 90gals!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Go for a 75, the extra depth is great. Keep shopping around, I'm sure you can find a 75 for less than 180.

·
Registered
26 Posts
glass tanks seem to be less than acrilic, but I sill went with the acrillic, no seams, lighter.. etc..

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm also in the market for a 75. I don't understand why the 55 is SOO MUCH more popular. tons of used 55's but never a 75. Are you leaning towards the 90 now for hte extra height?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got my 75G for $195+tax. Best price in my town, of the 3 local stores. The other two wanted over $300.

I thought about the 90G for awhile myself, it didn't seem like much more money for 15 more gallons, but when I thought about having to reach into the bottom, I decided the 75G was a better bet. I wouldn't be up to my armpit in water if I had to get to the bottom for some reason.

Jon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t really care about the extra height.
I got an offer on a 5yr old 90gal AGA for $80, no scratches, good condition.

The 75g new is like $165ish here.

I had a 75-80g tall before and I could barely reach the bottom. It was a PITA to clean & I sold it for $155+, which included a DIY hood-cover &
- Styrofoam base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts