The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
after having to clean dirt off my stain job yesterday due to a as$hole nabor i had to scrub the old stain a little with a scotch bright pad, then continued to stain the rest of the stand a second time,
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
look how much darker the panels got, i think they just needed more stain from being so dry,

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
ok heres a update on the 33long and will have its own journal later today, i have finished derimming the tank and cleaned 99% of the silicon off the glass, and had a stand for a 55g at my dads that i picked up yesterday which the tank sits perfect on, after that i filled the tank to the brim and let it sit for basically 30 hours now, and at the middle of the tank i less than 3/16" deflection is this ok?
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
3,011 Posts
It is probably okay... I couldn't find anything reliable while searching. I would, personally, do a glass brace in the middle. A euro brace maybe? It is a 4' long tank, it is hard to suggest it be without a brace. Then again, these tanks are typically 1/4" glass now. What is the thickness of this one?

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
It is probably okay... I couldn't find anything reliable while searching. I would, personally, do a glass brace in the middle. A euro brace maybe? It is a 4' long tank, it is hard to suggest it be without a brace. Then again, these tanks are typically 1/4" glass now. What is the thickness of this one?
3/8" thick glass for sure and my 75g has 3/8" glass but it is a old oceanic tank which people derim alot

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I'd still opt for a small glass brace in the center. It really shouldn't change the look, but it is entirely up to you. I live in a rental with carpet and any amount of water on the ground is basically a no-no for me! haha. I've seen acrylic tanks bow FAR more than that and be ran without issues.

Also, good job on the stand. Different woods (paneling in particular) absorb more liquid and the color just takes more layers to reach the surface.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I really like the 33L now that it is filled! What are you going to cycle the 75 with? Ammonia?
no i already have my old filter on it and will be adding old water from the 33long daily to the tank which will have everything in it to jump start the system should have fish in it as soon as i get my driftwood and plant it,

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Gotcha! Be careful with that. I just swapped from a 30g to my 75g and when I moved the entire filter over I ended up with a mini cycle. I have new substrate, but kept everything else. I don't think I was getting enough flow through the established media because the volume of water was so large.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
well considering it cleared my pitch gray tank in under a hour i think my filter will work for now till my ehiem 2217 comes in next week. but i mean you couldn't even see my hand after i filled it and it was clear in the time it took me to get ready for work so i think i have good circulation.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
ok so new job, new place, and a lot of stress has pushed this tank back for a while. so cleaned up this week and did some major water changes, added some ferts, and put new batteries in the digital timer, i have a lot of crypt undulata growing out on me and will be for sale in a post tonight, also have some amazon swords i am looking to get rid of as well, also a new crypt flamingo will be up for sale that is a runner from another plant of mine.
[/URL][/IMG]

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.